Thursday, February 21, 2013

Puppy Love

Something I am really going to miss about New York is the chance to meet so many fascinating people and make random and real human connections.  I loved going to bars by myself (does that sound terrible?) and seeing who was around to talk to.  I always met someone interesting and had great conversations.  Aydin is one of the last people I met in New York and I am so glad that I did.  I had so much fun with him my last four days in the city.  He is incredibly intelligent, pretty funny, and made fun of my nose a lot.  He is also an animal lover and our conversations over the time we spent together were mostly spent talking about dogs.  He was in the process of becoming a foster parent for a puppy and when I first met him he showed me pictures of puppies that he was choosing between.  The next night we met up at The Beagle for drinks, I am not sure he chose the place because he knew I had beagles, but it was definitely a fun little coincidence.  On our way to brunch one morning we stopped in the park to watch the dogs run around in the dog park.  After brunch I was going to head home but we stopped into an animal shelter and were told that they were in great need of fosters for puppies.  The puppies were all at the PetCo at Union Square and we found ourselves walking that direction.  There was a beautiful little beagle baby that I spotted as soon as we walked in and we headed straight for her.  She looked like a handful.  She was VERY feisty and playful.  Aydin loved her and somehow within five minutes someone handed him a clipboard, put a sweater on the puppy, and gave her to him with the leash.  It was the craziest thing.  Before he could even think on it he was walking in Union Square with a puppy in his arms.  There was no way I was going home after that.  And since my apartment had no heat or hot water and his had a puppy, it seemed a better place to spend my time anyway.  We watched TWO dog documentaries that day, bought puppy supplies, and got lots of puppy love. Thank you for sharing your baby girl with me, Aydin!



At the shelter 

I am not really much of a cat person, but wow...this cat had me falling.  His name is Joy (weird) and he is so beautiful! I had never seen a cat so exotic and regal looking.  The pictures don't do him justice but he was so sweet.  I had my face down by his cage and he would reach his paw out and lightly touch my face, it was the cutest thing ever! And he also had these little tufts of hair between his toes that just killed me.  


Look at that face!

I'm dying here.  Literally the cutest thing ever. 



Omg.  
She is the sweetest.  She is such a lover.  She would crawl up by my face and put her little paws on my cheeks and give me kisses before settling in to cuddle. 

This little gal made it so much harder to leave!!!!  But what better way to spend my last few days in the city!?