Thursday, February 7, 2013

Birthday Boy

It was touch and go dealing with diva birthday boy Joey.  Sandy had threatened to ruin all his plans. Thank goodness, for all of us, that Joey was still able to celebrate his birthday as planned.

I am a great friend so I bought him some Popeye's fried chicken before we went out.  On the train, we got delayed and sat underground not moving for about 45 minutes.  Knowing that the subway systems had extensive damage from the storm, it was a bit unnerving.  Surprisingly, especially if you know me well, I didn't lose my patience.  I think Sandy taught me a thing or two about waiting.  I occupied Joey by showing him pictures on my phone and before we knew it we were off to Almond for a bit of pre-partying.  After our friends had gathered we made our way to a DJ show at Le Poisson Rouge.

I can't tell you much about that night except that I woke up without my scarf and with a fur coat that was not mine.  I think that means it was a success.  

Stuck on the train. He is NOT amused. 





Joey, me, and Cindy in the cab to Le Poisson


Get it!