Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Stratford Adventure!

My friend Eva, who I work with at Almond, asked me one day if I was interested in going on a Connecticut adventure with her and I immediately replied with a "Yes, I do."  It was perfect timing, I was really itching to get out of the city.  Her cousin was doing a fundraiser at a local bar to raise money to take part in the NYC Marathon. 


The adventure begins!  Grand Central Station.  We took an hour and a half train ride to Stratford.  Beautiful views along the way. 

Eva came prepared with some cocktails, apparently it's totally allowed on the train. 

The NATIONAL Helicopter Museum.  If you were into helicopters, then Stratford is the spot!


Main Street. Adorable little town. 

Smoking a cigarette on church property like a real badass. 


Taking a little walking tour of Stratford.  They all thought we were crazy for walking "so far" which was really not far at all.  Us New Yorkers are used to it. 


Being an Arizona native, and having arrived in the city a little late for Fall last year, this was my first true Autumn experience and what a great way to experience it!  The houses in the town were all so beautiful and they had gorgeous big trees everywhere.  I was in love.



Someday I shall have a lavender house.




On our walk we heard someone yell at us from their car, turns out is was Eva's cousin! We continued our walk to this back road along the Long Island Sound.  It's hard to see, but there's a little marina back there.  It was the most quiet, serene space.  


Then I found a giant leaf.  You wouldn't believe the way these two city gals freaked out over this. 




Cute little antique shop

OMG. Mexican food!

And it was actually good!  I have had such a hard time finding good Mexican food in the city, but Stratford knows what's up!  I'm going back this weekend for a photo shoot and I am going to be treating myself to another delicious dinner and gallons and gallons of salsa.

Rockin her raffle tickets. 

"I will have that hat by the end of the night."

Eva's friend Tim, really great guy.  We had a fun night!

Still closed. ):

Tim walked us to the train to see us off.


I knew that cookie would be a good idea when I bought it earlier in the day.



Passed Out.



And we are back where it all began.


Thank you Eva for such a great day!

Unfortunately, in the aftermath of Sandy, the Marathon was cancelled.  But her cousin, Rob, and his fabulous girlfriend created their very own Stratford Marathon, mapping a route through the town.  Eva went and said the whole town was out to support them and she popped up in a few different places throughout the course.  I am sure it was a special experience that they will remember forever, and they get automatic lottery into the marathon next year.  Congrats!