Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Thankful

I enjoyed my second Thanksgiving in New York City by spending most of the day in Central Park, my escape to sanity in this crazy city.  It was a gorgeous Fall day spent laying in the grass and sunshine and taking in the beauty of the outdoors.  Autumn is something that doesn't really happen where I grew up so it was amazing to get to see it from start to finish.  What a magical season. 

I woke up too late, once again, to get to see the Macy's Day Parade, so I think I am probably never going to witness that in person, and I am not sure I really care.  I met up with my lovely friend Terra and we walked around for a bit before meeting Jess (future rookie) and her friend Courtney at a pub to celebrate Thanksgiving Irish style. 












A dog came up to me while I was laying here and kissed me on my cheek.  Totally made my day.  I probably had food on my face. 





Leftover Parade Confetti

It appears to be a very lesbian Thanksgiving. But I still got asked out by the male bartender.  I agreed to let him take me to a concert. Ray LaMontagne at Carnegie Hall.  Beautiful venue but I nodded off about five times.  Most boring concert of my life.