Friday, February 15, 2013

Chin down, neck out.

When I went to Connecticut with Eva I met a dope guy named Derrick.  He liked my hair and I like anyone that likes my hair.  Plus, like I already said...he's super dope. He asked me if I would be part of a photo shoot with him and his friend, the incredibly talented photographer Steve Walter.  It was for designer and stylist Lauren DiNardo.  Also incredibly talented, her style is whimsical and romantic vintage.  It was an amazingly fun day from start to end.  It was also something I would have never thought I could have the guts to do.  I took the train from Grand Central to Stratford, 90 minutes and a world away from New York City. Luckily for me, Steve's studio was above the bar that Eva and I went to on my first trip there, so that wasn't much opportunity for me to get myself lost.  I actually stopped in to the pub to have a cider before I went upstairs, I was pretty nervous to be in front of the camera with a bunch of strangers.  They turned out to be awesome strangers.  Jaime Carrano was the makeup artist and she was truly an artist.  She spent so much time expertly applying the makeup with such detail, I was so happy with the results, I wish I could have her do that every morning for me! It really is amazing what some fake eyelashes can do as well.  I had a lot of fun when Derrick was cutting my hair, he was excited to be cutting it and I just let him do his thing and it turned out amazing.  I felt so spoiled! The beautiful Stefanie Heid was there to model too and it was fun getting to see things from the other side of the camera while Steve shot her photos.  She is incredibly sweet and a super inspiring yoga instructor.  Lauren's friend Hugo was there to help us out and he brought us pizza which was much needed after a long day.  It was such a fun group of people and I am so glad I got the chance to be a part of such a positive experience.  We didn't all know each other but we worked so well together all day and it was definitely one of my favorite moments of my time here.  

Thank you to you all!

Jamie Carrano
Stephanie Heid