Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mom Goes to NYC: Part Two

After a long day of sightseeing and lots of walking the day before we decided to take it easy and head to Coney Island for a beach day.  But first, Brunch!  Brunch is a BIG deal in NYC.  Unfortunately, I am usually working it, but today I got to enjoy mimosas and omelettes with my mama.  We enjoyed a little stroll through Washington Square Park on our way to brunch. 









this little guy wanted in on Brunch

View of Coney Island from the train.  Not a real island....



I have always been terrified of roller coasters.  When I was little I broke out in hives at Six Flags from anxiety that I was going to have to get on a ride.  But my love for Disneyland and Harry Potter has eased me into things. Space Mountain was a stretch the first time, but I ended up riding it again.  And the Harry Potter theme park at Universal Studios...omg! So fun!  So when I started bragging that this ride looked like a piece of cake, my mom challenged me by offering to buy my ticket.  I'm not a girl to turn down anything for free so without thinking I got on.  It was a great adrenaline rush, I screamed the whole time.


This is my "wait...wtf am I doing?" face











Alright California, we beat you on this.  Our lifeguards have way better uniforms.

It wasn't exactly a sunny beach day, but it was beautiful.


After the beach we went back to the city for some Indian food.  It was Mom's first time and we had Chicken Tikka Masala, Samosas, and naan at Jackson Diner.  Sooooooooo yummy. 
My mango lassi