Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Last of Almond

As much as I hated serving, Almond was by far my best work experience in NYC.  I am not really sure that says much about Almond but I know I got really lucky to be able to work with so many awesome people.  I asked someone recently if they thought most places would be like that or if it was a special case.  I am pretty sure it was special because pretty much everyone loved each other and the people who weren't loved by all usually didn't stick around too long.  Does that make us mean kids? Did we bully them out? Eek, I hope not, but probably.  

It was my home base in NYC, where I knew I could always get a hug when I walked in the door and some free drinks on top of it.  I could sit down at the bar and know there would be a regular there that I could chat with while I ate the amazing food.  If you go to New York, you should to go to Almond. 

Brussel sprout caesar salad, fries, and wine. 

Art by April



One of the great perks of working here, employee shots!  Our manager, Peter mostly, would gather us around for shots to say good job!



Hiding from work.


SO MANY HOTTIES!

Val and Peter on "The Steps"